Monday, May 7, 2012

Photos from Galmi....
Out patient "bathrooms"

She was one of the few toddlers who wasn't afraid of my white skin

In patient bathroom

OB ultrasound...dusty and old...but critical

Grandma, baby and mom in the bamboo room

Village girls

He really wanted his photo taken, but you wouldn't know by his expression!

Carrying food to a patient

Preparing for surgery- boots, apron, bar of soap and an old sink

The town well

Carrying water

The girls at the market

Kids carrying kids...all over

Learning how to grind maize (I don't think she thought I was doing a very good job!)

Grandma giving baby a bath on the postpartum ward

The Grandmas...always joyful despite the circumstances

The "pre op" hall

Reused vacuums...again and again

Village girls we visited (I showed them Sophie's picture too)

Sweet newborn...notice the meconium stained hair

Burn victim (from the open fire pits)

I gave her the hat and she loved it!

The "puzzle"

Woman in labor. They were on a yellow plastic tarp once their water broke (it's over 100 degrees in the room)

Newborn being weighed by the midwife

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I brought those Kiwi Omnicup vacuums 2 years ago. I figured they would get reused.

    ReplyDelete